Today, I was very excited to find out that Curri Barceló has nominated MediaLoc for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks very much, Curri!
Now I'll do my bit to keep the award going. I have been told that the rules are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
I've already done number 1, so here are 7 random facts about me:
1. I was born and raised in Zaragoza, Spain, but I have lived in England for a few years. And yes, I miss certain things about my home country, but I prefer the UK (and I'm not crazy! ;) ).
2. Music is my passion, and by music I mean listening and dancing to it, unfortunately I can't play any instruments. But I started learning English thanks to some of my favourite songs of the 90s, and you can still catch me dancing for hours on end any Saturday night!
3. I couldn't care less about football. I must have been one of the few Spaniards not to watch the final of whatever cup it was last summer, and despite living fairly close to Old Trafford I only worry about Manchester United to know if the traffic is going to affect my travel plans. I guess some of you might be shocked, but I've got other things to worry about to be honest! :-p
4. What I do love, however, is travelling. I am fascinated by other cultures and seeing other parts of the world. If only I had more free time!
5. I can sew and I'm into fashion. But rather than following trends or designers, in my case it's more about learning what suits you and using it to make the most of your figure (hey, I can only try!).
6. Must be the Spaniard in me, but I love cooking. Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Thai, anything. I love getting inspiration from different cuisines and then creating my own versions.
7. Somewhat related to the previous one, I have a sweet tooth. I never say no to chocolate. ;-)
As for the blogs, these are my 15 picks. They're all well-worth reading if you're interested in translation or languages in general:
1. Fluent in 3 months
2. Adventures in freelance translation
4. Want Words
5. In Other Words
6. Martin Wunderlich
7. Naked Translations
8. About Translation
9. (Not Just) Another Translator
10. Musings from an overworked translator
11. Games with Words
12. The Linguist On Languages
13. Mox's Blog
14. No Peanuts for Translators!
15. Translation Guy Blog
Now I must dash to let those bloggers now! I hope you enjoy reading these blogs as much as I do!